Re: RARA-AVIS: The Executioner & the "Men's Action" Sub-Genre

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 14 Feb 2002

In a message dated 2/14/02 12:05:13 PM, scottaowen@hotmail.com writes:

<< My pet theory is that a major factor in the collapse of the pulps were comic books siphoning off the juvenile audience and paperbacks snagging the adults. >>

I'd say that comic books today do a pretty good job of siphoning off the adults as well. I get my particular fix in this genre from Garth Ennis' take on The Punisher and Nick Fury; and Howard Chaykin's slightly less over the top American Century. while I'm on the subject, after 15 years, Frank Miller has just released the first installment of his sequel to The Dark Knight Returns. this one is called The Dark Knight Strikes Back.

John Lau

John Lau