RARA-AVIS: Block

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 13 Feb 2002

Bill: thanks for the info on Block's reading. In his intro to an anthology called Speaking of Greed, he mentions that he wanted to include an O'Hara story but the estate wanted so much dough that he couldn't afford it.
(Couldn't afford Erskine Caldwell, either.) When I was in high school and college, I read all the O'Hara I could find, including the two mentioned by Block. I'm not sure I'd have the stamina to tackle a book the size of From the Terrace now, but I went through it very quickly back in the day.

Bill Crider