Re: RARA-AVIS: los angeles book stores ??

From: Ray Skirsky ( rskirsky@qualcomm.com)
Date: 13 Feb 2002

At 08:41 PM 2/13/2002 -0800, miker wrote:
> i saw a sea lion there once.

If you want to see more sea lions than you need, go to the Children's Pool in La Jolla cove. This area was donated by an early settler to give children a safe place to swim--hence the name--but in recent years has been completely taken over by sea lions and seals--which of course can't be molested, and now no-one is permitted to swim there.

In San Diego, there's a Mystery-Science Fiction bookstore called Mysterious Galaxy, on Clairemont Mesa Road just east of the Clairemont Mesa exit on I-805. It's in the first strip mall on the right hand side east of the exit. They don't carry used books, but they some small press books and lots of author signings.

In LA, there's Movies, Murder, and Mayhem--I think that's the name--I've been there once and spent lots of money. The owner is on this list and should speak up and give the address and hours.

Ray