RARA-AVIS: The Executioner

From: Graham Powell ( bleekerbooks@hotmail.com)
Date: 12 Feb 2002

Back a few years ago, when I was younger and less "mature" in my tastes, I used to read the series THE EXECUTIONER religiously. Anybody have any thoughts about this series? I haven't read it in a long time, but I understand Dennis Lynds did a couple of books (or his wife? or collaborating?). I would place this series as an outgrowth of the paperback originals and "men's adventure" series, and in a way a descendant of the Matt Helm books, although they started only 10 or 12 years later. Anybody else have any thoughts about these books?

Graham
------------ http://www.BleekerBooks.com Hardboiled and Noir