Re: RARA-AVIS: Five Star/Spillane

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 11 Feb 2002

On 11 February 2002, dgreene@odu.edu wrote:

: Mickey Spiullane. Together We Kill, The Uncollected Stories of Mickey
: Spillane, ed. Max Allan Collins. Waterville, ME: Five Star, 2001.
: 1st edition. A very mixed collection.

How many other short stories has Spillane written? He must not have found it worthwhile, since magazine pay couldn't compare to what he got the way his books sold. Had he even published short stories before his first book, or did he just burst on the scene?

I see he turns 84 on 9 March this year. I hope he's still in good health.

Bill