Re: RARA-AVIS: philadelphia

From: Joy Matkowski ( jmatkowski1@home.com)
Date: 09 Feb 2002

So you're telling me, Mark, that all these insights I worked out all by myself are actually cliches? Bummer.
    I do believe that those who get themselves into trouble and then call on a "psycho sidekick" to beat up the nemesis are wimps. This includes Stephanie Plum.
    In academic speak (Bill?), is this a deus ex machina?
    My track record on accessing archives is pitiful, but I think I'll try that thread, Mark, and be chastened by learning how tired my other original thoughts are. At least I didn't crash in with a prototypical newbie comment like "My definition of noir is. . . ."

Joy, who's savoring _Hours of the Virgin_

> Joy,
> Maybe before you get into this list you should know that many list members
> don't think the the Spenser series has been hard boiled for many years.
Even