Re: RARA-AVIS: Philadelphia Stories

From: Joy Matkowski ( jmatkowski1@home.com)
Date: 08 Feb 2002

Never heard of him, Bill. I'll put him on my lengthening to-buy list. That's before my time in Philly, except for a trip to the Connie Mack (father of the RW senator from Florida) Stadium neighborhood, but it was interesting times. The city flipped from Republican stronghold to totally Democratic almost overnight. Square miles of homes and factories for the working class were gutted to create Independence Mall, downtown upper-class neighborhoods, and public housing highrises for the displaced. Levittown was born.

Joy, blessing all the writers

> Let me put in a good word for Carney Wilde, the narrator of a series of
> mysteries by Bart Spicer. I'm admirer of Spicer's work, and I think the
> Wilde series is a very good one. Wilde is a private eye based in
Philadelphia.