Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Sallis' Death Will Have Your Eyes

From: Frankie Lee ( franklee@online.no)
Date: 03 Feb 2002

Richard said:
> Is Sallis playing
> with the form? Sure, he always does. But for me at least, it does not cross
> the line and become precious.

I think maybe that's what fascinates me. I've read all his Lew Griffins (excepting the one due to be out one of these days), and his magnificent playing with the hb, pi formula leaves you with a strange feeling (to put it clumsily). I'm looking forward to reading his sixth and last Griffin, and I can see why he stops, but it's sad, isn't it?

Regards, Frankie