Re: RARA-AVIS: black cherry blues

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 03 Feb 2002

Black Cherry Blues was my first and only Burke. found the man's prose style a little too florid for my taste. the usual criticisms of his work probably bother me more than they do other people.

read Outcast this month, mostly in small increments before going to sleep. but didn't finish it in time to comment while Jose was here. liked the first chapter and how it all turned out. yeah, Jose. this is a money-centric society. that's why they call it Capitalism. in the news lately, I enjoyed reading about people fighting in court over the trademark for the phrase
"let's roll" in order to cash in big in the patriotism business. yes, even that is now a business. America, love it or leave it.

just cracked open my free copy of Jason Starr's Hard Feelings which arrived by express mail the other day. guy sees another guy on the street who he hasn't seen since he was a boy. feels anxious the rest of the day, that night flashes on repressed memory of being molested by this guy as a child. this looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

John Lau