RARA-AVIS: hey frankie

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 01 Feb 2002

hi frankie,

good to hear from you. i think Mr.T (thats mario, isn't it?) decided to go on sabbatical (i think thats a vacation) for a couple months. i haven't read woodrell, but that doesn't mean much... i'm just now getting into the hardboiled thing. right now i'm watching the lana turner "the postman always rings twice" movie.

i'm getting ready to try out crumley's _the last good kiss_. gotta finish burke's
_black cherry blues_, and then read my first chandler, and then i'll be able to read crumley for the first time. and oh! i took the list's advice, got on ebay for the first time, and i've got charles williams's _river girl_ coming too. wahoo!

and by the way... is it just the couple beers i've had, or does lana turner really have a very fine set of legs?

miker

----- Original Message ----- From: "Frankie Lee" < franklee@online.no> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 5:24 PM Subject: RARA-AVIS:

> Please allow me to introduce myself.... (M.Jagger)
>
> I've been on and off and on this list since august 1997. Mostly on. I
almost feel like you guys are my friends. Like Big Boss Bill, the Marks
(Sullivan and Blumenthal), Jim (who was absent for a while), the Dougs - all of you. The Finnish guy - forget his name. And the new friends like miker. You've taught me so much. And not forgetting Mario - where are you?

> I have been listening, but I'm hoping I can contribute some more in the
future. I'm amazed - not only by all the knowledge you disclose, but also by the powerful opinions you assert. I must admit - when I've read a book, I'm not always so sure if it was a good or a bad book. But I know what I like.

> And my favourite is James Crumley. But another favourite of mine is Daniel
Woodrell. He's not much mentioned on the list - why is that? He is hard-boiled, ain't he?