Re: RARA-AVIS: RE: Get Carter (was: Spoorloos aka The Vanishing (Was: Re: RAR...

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 01 Feb 2002

Colin wrote:

"GET CARTER, with Michael Caine it is one of the finest, noirest
(sorry!), and hard boildest films there has ever been, has a superb soundtrack (Lalo Schiffrin????)"

Actually, the soundtrack was by Roy Budd. I don't know if t is still available, but a few years ago, I got a UK CD of the soundtrack. It came with an 12" x 15" replica of the movie poster and the booklet contained an essay by director Mike Hodges remembering his first movie, along with one about Budd.

Crime Time #9 also has a pair of articles on Get Carter. One is another, longer piece by Hodges (including his explanation of why Carter was reading Chandler at the beginning). The other is about Ted Lewis, who wrote the source material.

Mark