Re: RARA-AVIS: horace mccoy & goodis

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 25 Jan 2002

Miker wrote:
> ok, what about horace mccoy? what would you recommend by
> him? there's quite a bit of his work in print. i would tend to lean
> towards _they shoot horses, don't they_, simply because i've
> heard of the movie, but that doesn't make it his best book.
>
> thank you, miker
> --
anyway, i found david goodis on the list, and amazon lists
_of tender sin_, _shoot the piano player_, and _the blonde on the street corner_. are any of these good? which of these three would you recommend as the best?

Mike : I can recommend the latter 2 Goodis books.Haven't read the first but I don't doubt it's worth the money.Horace McCoy - I have an omnibus edition of 4 of his books - "They Shoot Horses", "No Pockets in a Shroud", "Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye" & "I Should Have Stayed Home". I read them many years ago but my opinion is that they're all indispensable.