Re: RARA-AVIS: Charles Williams

From: Paul Sowle ( ambrosehunter@yahoo.com)
Date: 24 Jan 2002

Also try abebooks.com, which is where I got most of my Charles Williams collection. Most titles can be had for a reasonable price. Some titles, such as All The Way, are a bit more expensive. I managed to track down all of Williams' books without too much trouble. I had to rely on luck for a few of them and I had to settle from the Blue Murder reprint of The Diamond Bikini(my personal fave and, imo, the true masterpiece of backwoods fiction.)

Try half.com for a real cheap copies of The Hot Spot(aka Hell Hath No Fury) & Confidentialy Yours(aka The Long Saturday Night.) This is also the place to find his "nautical" novels for pocket change. If you haven't yet used half.com, e-mail me offlist for a coupon for $5 off your first order.

P.S. Also look for the film adapation of All The Way, retitled The Third Voice. It's finally available on VHS! The sound is kinda bad, but the picture is OK.