RE: RARA-AVIS: deep blue goodbye: Robison

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 07 Dec 2001

Well, as I wrote previously, Mike, THE EXECUTIONERS is not that much like either CAPE FEAR, and, to redundify some more, it's better. For one thing, and this becomes clear very early on, the executioners of the title are what the married couple have to decide whether they're going to become...a much more ethically complex situation than either movie chooses to address.

Yep, every McGee has a color in the title, though there are a few MacDonalds with colors or arguable colors (THE BRASS CUPCAKE) that are not part of the series.

And I will say that I wouldn't've read nearly all of the McGees if I didn't like them.

Check out his fantasy (THE GIRL, THE GOLD WATCH, AND EVERYTHING) and sf
(WINE OF THE DREAMERS) as well, if you choose...

TM

-----Original Message----- From: Michael Robison [mailto: zspider@gte.net]
 i guess that all the travis mcgee series has a color in the title, huh?

i was looking on amazon last night and found a used version of
_the executioners_. i thought the movie cape fear with robert deniro was good so i think i want to read the book.

thanks, miker