Re: RARA-AVIS: John Francis Cuddy II

From: M Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 27 Nov 2001

Jeremiah Healy:

> On a different note, my stand-alone, non-Cuddy private-eye thriller,
> TURNABOUT (Five Star Books, December 15th) just received a strong review
> in the November 26th Publishers Weekly, page 42)

Jerry, That brings to mind a discussion we have had recently. Did you write a non-Cuddy book because you felt you had written about all you could about him at this point--that your writing about him had grown stale? Do you think this break will refresh your writing? Will you go back? The series is well past the limit of seven Mark wrote about. Not only that, with the exception of Nancy, there have been no really important continuing characters but Cuddy. At this point most authors with a series this long have introduced many Thanks again, Mark.