Re: RARA-AVIS: used books

From: M Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 26 Nov 2001

Mario:

> I think authors will eventually have to turn to
> self-publishing, or better said, to keeping works available
> in electronic form or publish-on-demand when publishers let
> them go. The technology is there, and it does away with
> inventory.

Mario, I think you are right if they develop something truly portable you can download a book into and then use it to read. . Something like a small Palm, maybe.

Along with allowing people to read just about any book at a low cost pocket books made it easy to take a book along with you easily. Many of my older pbs have damaged spines because I used to carry them in my back pocket so I'd have something to read if I had to wait or was on a bus. Mark