Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: career and peak and more questions to Jerry Healy

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 23 Nov 2001

In a message dated 11/23/01 3:38:45 PM, gcupper3@yahoo.com writes:

<< Can anyone think of anyone prior to Parker who inserted this type of chapter into a first-person narration? >>

I don't know who was first, but recently both Crais and T. Jefferson Parker have utilized the technique as well. I'm not a big fan of the device either, if you're going to violate the first person point of view as a way of
"expanding" your storytelling, why not try telling the story in the third person? It's actually refreshing seeing a character from a different perspective this way. Michael Connelly has played around with it. I think that's more interesting, personally.

John Lau