Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: career and peak

From: a.n.smith ( ansmith@netdoor.com)
Date: 19 Nov 2001

> >I seem to remember reading that Loren
> >Estlemen once made a rule (which he has since broken with Amos Walker)
> >never to write more than seven books in a series. Are there any series
> >that go much beyond that number that did/do not show severe dropoff?

Hope I didn't miss if someone already mentioned it, but John Harvey's Charlie Resnick series contains 10 books (plus one collection of short stories) and all are of extremely high quality. And I keep hearing that Ian Rankin's series gets better each time out (although I haven't read SET IN DARKNESS or THE FALLS yet, just heard the reviews).