RE: RARA-AVIS: Hiaasen Hard-Boiled?

From: btoomey@javanet.com
Date: 14 Nov 2001

<<<<<<< Kevin Burton Smith says:

This is just a sidebar, I know, but I always thought of Hiassen's stuff as carrying on the tradition of hard-boiled screwball types like Jonathan Latimer, Craig Rice and Shell Scott.

I'd agree with that. Sometimes it's a little hard to figure who belongs in the HB category and who doesn't. I mean, Christie is definitely out and Chandler is definitely in, but Stout --?

But Hiassen belongs if Willeford does, since CH is clearly a direct descendant of CW, at least in his first few books. Now that he's gone all soft and preachy, I tend to give him a miss.

BobT

-------------------------------------------------------------------- mail2web - Check your email from the web at http://mail2web.com/ .