Re: RARA-AVIS: I can't resist

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 14 Nov 2001

Bill wrote:

". . . and while Parker would probably shudder if we said that the real love story in his books was the one between Hawk and Spenser, how far off would we be?"

On a related note, some time ago George told me that he read (in the BFI book on the movie) that Billy Wilder and Raymond Chandler wrote Double Indemnity as a love story between Fred MacMurray and Edward G. Robinson, not between MacMurray and Barbara Stanwyck.

Mark