Re: RARA-AVIS: Dashiell Hammett Tour

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 16 Oct 2001

On 16 October 2001, Rob Preston wrote:

: Mark, the books you mention having purchased are very early editions
: and have been much revised and reprinted by City Lights Books. I've
: only seen the Dawn Heron Press versions in Don's own collection.

I had no idea there was a book--I may order it up. City Lights' web site has no pictures, but does say this:

| Don Herron
| THE DASHIELL HAMMETT TOUR
| Great fun for armchair travelers as well as tourists afoot, with
| fascinating info about Hammett and sleuthing in the noir San Francisco
| of the '20s and '30s.
| 0-87286-264-X
| $9.95

Bill