RARA-AVIS: Don Herron's Tour

From: Mark Harris ( mark_r_harris@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Oct 2001

Scott Owen wrote:

> I would like to second the recommendation of the
> Hammett Tour. Not only is
> it mandatory for any and all Avians, it's the best
> walking tour I've ever
> been on.

Absolutely - it is one of life's great experiences. I took the tour in 1989, and have remained friends and correspondents with Don ever since. The tour really does stretch toward the four-hour mark and is quite the hilly hike, but that makes it all the more memorable a way to get to know the streets of San Francisco, and you're in the hands of a peerless raconteur and hard-boiled scholar.

Mark R. Harris