Re: RARA-AVIS: Richard Stark

From: M Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 12 Sep 2001

From:Carrie Pruett:

> Wow, I had no idea there were so many Parker books! Certainly not that
many
> in stock at my local bookstore or library,

In theory they will all be republished, but until they all are you will have to look for them used. A few years ago I managed to find them all twice, but the one ones that have not been published in the last few years are becoming increasingly more difficult to find and more expensive. Here is the list of the original books in order:

The Hunter The Man with the Getaway Face The Outfit The Mourner The Score The Jugger The Seventh The Handle The Damsel* The Rare Coin Score The Green Eagle Score The Dame* The Black Ice Score The Sou Lemon Score The Deadly Edge The Blackbird* Slayground Lemons Never Lie* Plunder Squad Butcher's Moon

and recently, Comeback Backflash Flashfire

*Books featuring a sometime associate of Parker, Grofield. They are lighter in tone. As Dick Lochte mentioned Blackbird and Slayground have the same first chapter.

Westlake considered The Jugger the worst of the original series because it was out of character for Parker to have come to assist an old friend. It seems to me his recent books have also had Parker often act out of character. Mark