RARA-AVIS: RE: Slayground and The Blackbird

From: Dick Lochte ( dlochte@home.com)
Date: 12 Sep 2001

Paul Sowle < ambrosehunter@yahoo.com> wrote: I always thought that the ultimate Parker film would be the saga of Slayground & Butcher's Moon.

I thought Slayground would make a good movie, too. But because it and The Blackbird (a Grofield novel) share the same first chapter, I figured the way to go would be to film both, using the same opening footage of the armored car robbery and the botched escape.

But, as has been noted, they made a movie out of Slayground that was evidently so bad it doesn't even show up on cable.

So, now I'd like to see somebody film my favorite Parker, The Handle, and do it right.

Dick Lochte