Re: RARA-AVIS: Flashfire by Richard Stark

From: Paul Sowle ( ambrosehunter@yahoo.com)
Date: 11 Sep 2001

Certainly. I've always thought that the ultimate Parker film would be the saga of Slayground & Butcher's Moon. I propose an intermission (A la Lawrence of Arabia) consisting of Grofield et all rehearsing a play in his theatre. Butcher's Moon would then begin with Parker's phone call to him.

I choose to ignore that Slayground has already been filmed, as the book doesn't exactly show up on the screen. The damn thing is almost as bad as the Jimmy The Kid film.