Re: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled drinks

From: John Williams ( johnwilliams@ntlworld.com)
Date: 11 Sep 2001

> --- Mario Taboada < matrxtech@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Unkistakably hardboiled Dave Robicheaux doesn't
> > drink beer,
> > he drinks Dr. Pepper

George Upper added

> However, that said, Dave Robicheaux is known to down a
> beer or twelve (Jax, I seem to recall, is his brand of
> choice>

Curiously Robicheaux drinks not Dr Pepper but Dr Nut (a Louisiana variant) and Jax beer - neither of which have been available in Louisiana (or anywhere else) in years - all of which tends to add substance to my personal view that the Robicheaux books are really set in the 1950s and only ostensibly in the present.

Yours from the land where they drink a beer called Brains

John