Re: RARA-AVIS: Derek Raymond recordings (was Weegee)

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 06 Sep 2001

Colin wrote:

"If you can find it there is also a CD of my much loved and late lamented (ohhhhh dunnee gowan bout this Raymond!) reading from I was Dora Suarez with musical backing from the lovely late lamented Gallon Drunk, a must for any collection."

I'll add my endorsement before noting that there are two other Derek Ryamond readings available. He reads the complete short story Changeless Susan (in English) on a CD that is only available with the German hardcover translation of his last Novel, Roter Nebel. It seems to still be available from amazon.de, but make sure you order the hardcover.

The shortlived Purr magazine put out a double ten inch record, one side of which included his reading four extracts from He Die With His Eyes Open. It was Raymond's last reading, just days before he died, presumably with his eyes open. This one's probably pretty hard to find
(only 1,500 copies pressed).

Mark