RARA-AVIS: HandHeldCrime/Coffee Cup Press debuts

From: Victoria Esposito-Shea ( victoria@esposito-shea.com)
Date: 28 Aug 2001

I'm pleased to announce that Jamey Dumas and I, who publish the e-zine HandHeldCrime, have branched out to eBooks under the title HandHeldCrime/Coffee Cup Press ("Murder and Mayhem for the Price of a Mocha"). Our first title, A FAVOR FOR ZODIAC by J. Michael Blue, features Micki Garrity, a female PI operating out of Naples, Florida. In a throwback to the old pulp days, we're offering the novel in serial form; you can preview the first installment at our website and, if you like what you see, you can order the rest of the novel directly from the website.

I want to stress that, while we're selling ZODIAC and will be offering other eBooks for sale in the future--including an electronic version of JUSTIFIED CRIMES, J. Michael Blue's novel which was published in trade paperback by Blue Murder last year--the content of HandHeldCrime is, and will remain, free. I haven't been posting about the 'zine lately because I hate to clog up the list, but it's still out there and is now available in
.pdf as well as .pdb and HTML formats.

Jamey and I hope you get a chance to visit the site, and we look forward to your comments and feedback.

Best, Victoria

Victoria Esposito-Shea Editor and Co-Founder HandHeldCrime and HandHeldCrime/Coffee Cup Press http://www.handheldcrime.com/