RE: RARA-AVIS: Evan Hunter collected stories: Taboada

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 25 Aug 2001

He also, for those who haven't sought it out yet, has a good story (even if as a mystery it's nothing much) in THE MYSTERIOUS PRESS ANNIVERSARY ANTHOLOGY. The characters and their emotional situation mostly triumph over what's predictable in the plot...more of that hardboiled romance I was asking about a while back, almost... TM

-----Original Message----- From: Mario Taboada [mailto: matrxtech@yahoo.com] Over the years, I've encountered a few of Hunter's stories in various anthologies, which never disappointed me, but, except for an old paperback collection (of which I remember nothing), I've never seen a substantial collection of his short fiction.

So I'm passing on the word. These reissues have a way of disappearing from the catalog, so, if the stuff appeals, I would suggest pouncing soon.