Re: RARA-AVIS: Recent reads

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 25 Aug 2001

In a message dated 8/25/01 7:31:39 AM, gcupper3@yahoo.com writes:

<< One last note: the two Mack Slade books by John Blumenthal have been mentioned here in the not-too-distant past. I think someone (Mark?) found them in a box somewhere and wanted to know whether to keep them. I described them as something like a cross between the movie Airplane and Mike Hammer (which makes me think that Mr. Lau might like them >>

Actually, yeah. I've got at least one of them: THE TINSELTOWN MURDERS. It's got dialogue like, "This is a rod, see? One move and it's curtains! This is a curtain rod!" And features descriptions like, "she looked like a photo finish in a zeppelin race." Good or bad, there are few books around from which I can quote verbatim like that.

John Lau