RE: Re: Re: RARA-AVIS: Johnny Dollar

From: btoomey@mail.javanet.com
Date: 24 Aug 2001

Bill Crider alleged:

>You want to talk tough guys, Johnny Dollar was the toughest.

Well, JD was my favorite when I was a kid, but my vote for the toughest -- and funniest -- was Jack Webb as Pat Novak for Hire. Laying the harboiled metaphors on with a trowel, Novak kicked ass down on the waterfront where "if you tried to keep the ten commandments, somebody would steal nine of them and try to frame you with the tenth."

BobT

-------------------------------------------------------------------- Mail2Web - Check your email from the web at http://www.mail2web.com/ .