RE: RARA-AVIS: Memento and PI's

From: Anthony Dauer ( anthony.dauer@verizon.net)
Date: 22 Aug 2001

I would go as far as to say he wasn't a PI within the time frame that the movie depicts. His former job was as a "PI" and the current story is as noir as it gets.

--
Anthony Dauer
Alexandria, Virginia

Judas is looking for a few Femme Fatales for its next issue:
http://www.adau.net/judas_ezine/
-----Original Message----- From: Mark Sullivan Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 7:59 PM
While I have come to agree that insurance investigators are PIs, I have to agree with Juri. I didn't think of Memento as a PI film, either. To me, it had more in common with Goodis than Chandler.