RE: Re: RARA-AVIS: Gores (was Women PI Heroines)

From: billha@ionet.net
Date: 20 Aug 2001

 Mark wrote:

> I read a very positive review of his latest DKA book yesterday. It even
> brings back some of the gypsies from 32 Caddilacs. I don't know how
> Gores does it, but even at their most absurd, his books still seem
> completely within the real world.

Very apt comment. In what I've read, the climactic tying together is really something to swallow, almost causing one to un-suspend disbelief--if it weren't for the solid realism that preceded it.

And then there are the occasional slips in a character being addressed or referred to who is not present. ...which also reflects on the publisher.

Bill Hagen