Re: RARA-AVIS: women PIs

From: Mark Troy ( metroy@tamu.edu)
Date: 20 Aug 2001

Brian wrote:

>1.
>>But when I read about women PIs, cops, what have you, in
>>fiction, something about it doesn't ring true and I tune out.

Odd, but all the people I know who actually earn a living as PIs are women. I know there are men in the field, probably many more men than women, but I haven't met them.

Mark

Mark Troy http://www.tamu.edu/marshome/staff_pages/murder.html PILIKIA IS MY BUSINESS, featuring Honolulu PI Val Lyon in trade paperback and ebook from LTDBooks http://www.ltdbooks.com .
"Val Lyon is an interesting female character, one for whom the lines of self-identity and social definition are blurred. "-- David Lagraff, Bookpage