Re: RARA-AVIS: women PIs

From: Schooley ( gsp.schoo@skylinc.net)
Date: 21 Aug 2001

Carrie Pruett wrote:

> Um, well, I can assure you that there are plenty of female police officers
> out there; don't know about PI's but then I'm not sure how many PI's there
> really are period (probably not as many real ones as fictional ones, at
> least in the literary sense that we think of them).

My local newspaper today had an ad for hiring investigators. Didn't specify male or female, but it sure is different from any fictional account I've read about how the PI got started.

Mind you, they weren't looking for complete rookies. Specified 2 years surveillance experience. Well, hey, I've spent a lot of time looking out the windows of parked cars, not even counting all those summers going to drive-in movies. Where'd I put my manual?

Kerry

--

The evil that men do lives after them at http://www.murderoutthere.com
Literary events in Ontario's Golden Horseshoe and around the world at http://www.lit-electric.com
<<<<<<<<<<<IN ALL THE WRONG PLACES>>>>>>>>>>>>