Re: RARA-AVIS: recent acquisitions

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 18 Aug 2001

<<I had heard of the Dan Fortune books, which is why I picked up the one I did, but had always assumed that they were akin to the numbered action series novels.>>

No, the Dan Fortune series is not at all canned. Fortune has a very strong personality and even stronger opinions on all kinds of things. He's also very tough despite his handicap. Collins is second to none in craftsmanship. I would say this is one of the better PI series going (for over 30 years now).

If you like the classic PI story, you will likely enjoy Dan Fortune.

Regards,

MrT

=====