Re: RARA-AVIS: recent acquisitions

From: George Upper ( gcupper3@yahoo.com)
Date: 18 Aug 2001

--- JIM DOHERTY < jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com> wrote:

Well, he wrote a lot of stuff.

Thanks, Jim. Until recently, I have had a terrible tendency to find a writer I like and stick to him at all costs. So my knowledge of a few authors is fairly deep, but my overall h-b experience is not yet very wide. One of the reasons I so love this list is that it helps me identify new authors (new to me, I mean) to try and also those that are best left till later, if at all.

I had heard of the Dan Fortune books, which is why I picked up the one I did, but had always assumed that they were akin to the numbered action series novels. Nothing wrong with them, of course (in fact, I recommend the early Destroyer series to those who can appreciate some tongue-in-cheek action fiction), but not usually a high priority for me when I'm allocating my reading time.

G.

===== George C. Upper III, Editor The Lightning Bell Poetry Journal http://www.lightningbell.org