Re: RARA-AVIS: Thompson adaptations (was Killer Inside Me Keach)

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 17 Aug 2001

Doug wrote:

"The relatively recent Thompson adaptation not to miss is "This World, then the Fireworks.""

If I remember correctly, some people didn't like this movie when it came up some time ago, found it too stylized, too beat generation-y, but I like it, too. Hey, how can you go wrong with Billy Zane and Gina Gershon, especially when they are playing incestuous siblings?

I also liked After Dark, My Sweet.

Of course, I've never read those two Thompsons, so I'm not comparing either against the book.

Mark