Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Andrew Vachss - and other book finds

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 16 Aug 2001

Thanks to Brian and Kevin for mentioning that Vachss had a second short story anthology, Everybody Pays, after Born Bad (which I mistaken called Bad Blood recently). I found it today in a used bookstore.

I also got the Black Box anthology of 4 Frederic Brown novels (Night of the Jabberwock, Screaming Mimi, Knock Three-One-Two and Fabulous Clipjoint) for just three bucks (the cover was a bit beat up, but I'm still quite happy).

There were also a few other books I wanted to ask about:

His Name Was Death and a short story anthology (I forget the title, but it was followed by volume 2) by Frederic Brown

Fallen Angels anthology of the scripts and the short stories they were based on from the HBO (or was it Showtime?) series

The Black Box collection of WR Burnett

Dirty Laundry by Don Taylor (Mask Noir, usually a good sign)

Jana by David Veronese, but someone else just asked about that

Any I should go back for?

Mark