Re: RARA-AVIS: intro/Dortmunder/Block

From: Ian Galbraith ( igalbraith@ozonline.com.au)
Date: 15 Aug 2001

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:35:50 -0700 (PDT), W VR wrote:

:Also, just have to add that the Scudder
:series in general and 'Sacred' in Particular remind me
:of Pelecanos' Nick Stefanos books (another FANTASTIC
:series/author IMO) I know Block was first but I read
:Pelecanos first so... Anyone else who's read both
:authors feel that way or am I again projecting? Any

Nope there's a definite similarity IMHO, although Stefanos appears unwilling to try and overcome his alcoholism as Scudder did. Other novels on that vein are those by James Crumley, although his tone is entirely different.

[snip]

--
Ian Galbraith
Email: igalbraith@ozonline.com.au    ICQ#: 7849631

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein -- # To unsubscribe from the regular list, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to # majordomo@icomm.ca. This will not work for the digest version. # The web pages for the list are at http://www.miskatonic.org/rara-avis/ .