Re: RARA-AVIS: David Cray/Bad Lawyer

From: Ann Chambers Theis ( theisa@co.chesterfield.va.us)
Date: 13 Aug 2001

At 12:10 PM 8/13/01 -0700, you wrote:
>I just came across a book called 'Bad Lawyer' by David
>Cray. Has anyone read or heard of either
>of these novels or does anyone know the identity of
>David Cray? Just wondering if I should look for the
>first or read the one I have.

About Keeplock from Kirkus Reviews:
"But the pseudonymous Cray, a.k.a. Stephen Solomita (Last Chance for Glory, 1994, etc.), writes with a determined toughness, conveying Pete's hallucinatory sense of the world outside the joint as just a bigger version of the lockdown. Grimly exciting as The Asphalt Jungle, though Pete is a lot less interesting than the problems his nasty buddies pose"

Bad Lawyer review snippets: NYTBR- April 2001 #3 Kirkus Reviews:
"A refreshingly unsentimental reply to all those fairy tales about lawyers whose ideals rise miraculously from the ashes" PW: "A clever, gritty, sordid and surprising tale, this should capture an eager audience"

Ann Chambers Theis ~ theisa@co.chesterfield.va.us Collection Management Administrator, Chesterfield County Public Library (VA) Overbooked, a resource for ravenous readers - http://www.overbooked.org