RARA-AVIS: crime comics

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 10 Aug 2001

I stopped into a comic book store today. It's been a while. I picked up most of Murder Me Dead (only had the first issue) by the guy who did Stray Bullets. I'm looking forward to those.

I also noticed a few crime oriented comics and graphic novels I didn't know anything about and was hoping someone could tell me which, if any, are worth picking up:

A graphic novel of Chandler's Little Sister. I think this was mentioned recently, but don't remember that anyone had actually read it yet. Has anyone now?

Two Whiteout graphic novels written by Greg Rucka

Several issues of American Century, co-written by Howard Chaykin
(unfortunately not drawn by him, although the artist looks pretty good), a known pulp fan

So, are any of these worth going back for?

Mark