RARA-AVIS: Maltese Falcon - Hollywood Playhouse CD

From: Karl W. Reinsch ( karl@rockin-r.net)
Date: 06 Aug 2001

Just a quick note for anyone who is interested. My brother just showed me the latest issue of "Sight And Sound" magazine
(http://www.bfi.org.uk/sightandsound/ ). It's the August 2001 issue and features Steve Buscemi on the cover.

Enclosed with the magazine is a free CD of the radio play versions of
"Casablanca" and "The Maltese Falcon" done for Hollywood Playhouse using the original film actors.

Here's the info as printed on the disc packaging:

The Maltese Falcon Originally broadcast: 20 September 1943 Humphrey Bogart as Sam Spade Mary Astor as Brigid O'Shaughnessy Sydney Greenstreet as Kasper Gutman Peter Lorre as Joel Cairo

Casablanca Originally broadcast: 26 April 1943 Humphrey Bogart as Rick Blaine Ingrid Bergman as Ilsa Lund

These recordings also appear to be available for sale at the following URL: http://www.mrpunch.com/holly-casablanca.htm

But they're free if you buy the magazine. :-)

-karl. karl@rockin-r.net