Re: Re: RARA-AVIS: BATTLE LINES

From: abc ( abc@wt.net)
Date: 03 Aug 2001

Since BATTLE LINES is sort of off-topic, I won't mention that I just finished reading it the other day and thought it was terrific. I'm looking forward to the second book in the series, and certainly the pulp references (including a couple to BLACK MASK) are fitting for this list. As for TEXAS WIND, well, I have that one, too, and though it's been a long time since I read it, I think its legendary status is well deserved. One of the first p.i. novels set in Texas and a damned good one.

Bill Crider