RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Cooking

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 28 Jul 2001

Baking is not manly? Offtopicity warning: Ever since I got a copy of James Beard's masterpiece, _Beard on Bread_, more than ten years ago, I've felt compelled to bake all kinds of stuff, with an astonishing rate of success. Beard had the magic. He was the Charles Willeford of cooking. I bet they left Beard out of the St. James Guide to Great Cooks...

Really, can you trust an encyclopedia of crime that omits Willeford? That's like omitting Chandler or Hammett (I'm talking about quality, not about sales or fame).

Regards,

MrT