Re: RARA-AVIS: Adverbial advisory board - totally ot

From: M Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 23 Jul 2001

> Todd, you have exceeded your monthly adverb limit. A record
> of double adverbiation will be detrimental to your
> creditworthiness and to your reputation as a word engineer.
>
> Offtopically yours,
>
> MrT
> Customer Service

Has Customer Service noticed the virtual disappearance of certain adverbs? I think 'real' has completely replaced 'really' For example, in a newspaper article I was once quoted as saying "she wasn't a real good player." When rebuked I was able to successfully deny having said that by saying I would always would say 'really'.

I think the Board should investigate this absence. Mark