RE: RARA-AVIS: On Fawcett Gold Medal

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 23 Jul 2001

Actually, for this list that note should read "Not quite hardboiled, perhaps..." which leaves open the question of what could be hardboiled romance--Hammett's WOMAN IN THE DARK? Perhaps the novella anthology I'm reading for review, WAIT UNTIL DARK (Karen Robards's lead-off story is pretty close to HB in its events, but the protag is pure romance-fiction spunky/put-upon...a good story flawed by Robards [stereotypically femininely?] not wanting to take her own story completely seriously). TM

-----Original Message----- From: Todd Mason Subject: RARA-AVIS: On Fawcett Gold Medal, from the Philly lesbian/gay paper PGN

http://www.epgn.com/StoryPages/Detour/Detour.html

Not quite fictionmags, but an interesting take, I think. Somewhat reminiscent of the Canadian documentary FORBIDDEN LOVE.