Re: RARA-AVIS: New Richard Stark Reprint

From: r-and-jclinton ( r-and-jclinton@msn.com)
Date: 22 Jul 2001

From: "Brian Evankovich" < brianevankovich@hotmail.com>
> I see on Amazon.Com that Mysterious Press will be coming out with a
reissue
> of Richard Stark's "THE SCORE" soon. Does this mean we'll see a whole new
> set of the "old" Stark books as the months go on?
> > I would like a nice set of Mysterious Press reprints if they go through
with
> the entire series, hence my original question. I'd also like to read the
> last few books in the original run before Westlake quit writing them, but
> have so far been unable to track down (or find a good price on). --Brian

At a local signing he had a year or so ago, I asked him that very question and his reply was that his agent "...was working on it." I then asked if that would include the last few books of the Parker series (since I too have been unable to find an affordable copy of either BUTCHER'S MOON and PLUNDER SQUAD) and he said, "I'm not sure - but I hope so."

So, while all that may be a bit murky, at least it gives hope that the proverbial wheels are in motion.

Ron Clinton