RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Recycling

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 11 Jul 2001

Mark:

<<So why wouldn't Dennis Lynd (just hypothetical, I know of no such case) be tempted to use something he wrote about Mike Shayne in a novel of his own about Dan Fortune (as Michael Collins) or Paul Shaw (as Mark Sadler).
 In this case it'd even be the same sub-genre.>>

Perhaps it would be more work to adapt Shayne to Fortune than it would be to write from scratch? Plots per se aren't very valuable, unless you have hit upon something incredibly clever. I don't know if Lynd has made such adaptations, or been tempted to do it. I wouldn't want to know and I'm sure Dennis wouldn't want to tell. It wouldn't be decorous to delve into the workbench. Isn't that a rotten metaphor?

Regards,

MrT

=====