Re: RARA-AVIS: Nat Hentoff (was:weeding out)

From: Etienne Borgers ( freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Date: 30 Jun 2001

I red the one mentioned- It's with a Jewish cop, in Greenwich Village, and Jazz music on the background
(of course). Well above average. There's another one: THE MAN FROM INTERNAL AFFAIRS
(1985) with the same detective, but I didn't read it.

Besides his writings as journalist and Jazz critic, for magazines or books, he wrote some other novels but I never came across these, like 'Jazz Country'
(1965)...etc.

If you are interested in HB/Noir novels with Jazz scene being part of the novel, I may recommend :
 RUBOUT AT THE ONYX (1981) by Harry Paul Jeffers- a top rendition of the Jazz club during the 30's, plus a good plot. A very good novel (IMO).

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens 6384